What does white smoke from exhaust on starting up my van meam its an 07 peugeot expert van?

Peugeot model vehicle information

What does white smoke from exhaust on starting up my van meam its an 07 peugeot expert van?

Postby abbotson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm

in the morning whan i start my van i get a lot of white smoke .it goes a way when i have been driving for 10/15 minutes do i have problem or do i need something fixed
abbotson

Postby amon63 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Unburnt fuel.

You may have a heater plug failure. Easy thing to check, just take the wire off the plugs and test for a circuit with a circuit tester. I sayy 'just' loosly, it takes about 20 minutes.

Good luck.
amon63

Postby ackerley » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

It may depend on what country you live in, as if the weather is cold it probable is just condensation ( water vapour ) In New Zealand cars do this in the winter, it is no different than your electric jug. As every gallon of petrol you burn their is about 4 gallons of water that come out the exhaust. We learnt this training to be a motor mechanic. Water vapour is white and oil burning is grey or more like smoke they are different. Once the motor is warm it will stop, if it is vapour , but if it is oil it does stop it does it at any time. Hope this helps, without talking to you.
ackerley

Return to Peugeot