2005 Chevrolet express turns over but won't start?

Chevrolet, Chevy model Information

Postby macpherson12 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:53 pm

I have a 2005 chevy express 4.8 vortec. So today I started up the engine and drove like 4 minutes. Then I come back start my engine and drive off. After 70 feet of driving my engine just dies. Tried starting it but doesn't. Towed it to mechanic. They checked battery, fuel pump, and some other stuff.It's all good. They said it could possibly be a bad ground cause thy couldent see spark coming from the spark plug wire. Thy have To work on the car Monday. I'd like to know what the possiblities are in this situation.the car cranks but doesn't turnover. A bad ignition control module? Bad fuse? Something not grounded? Electrical?Please help thanks
macpherson12

Postby safford » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm

I have a 2005 chevy express 4.8 vortec. So today I started up the engine and drove like 4 minutes. Then I come back start my engine and drive off. After 70 feet of driving my engine just dies. Tried starting it but doesn't. Towed it to mechanic. They checked battery, fuel pump, and some other stuff.It's all good. They said it could possibly be a bad ground cause thy couldent see spark coming from the spark plug wire. Thy have To work on the car Monday. I'd like to know what the possiblities are in this situation.the car cranks but doesn't turnover. A bad ignition control module? Bad fuse? Something not grounded? Electrical?Please help thanks
Could be various things, obviously electrical if no spark, could be what you say but could also be bad cam or crank sensor. They'll have to do an OBD2 scan and some other checks to find problem. I guess you mean cranks over but wont start. Good luck. Need hands on to diagnose.
safford

Return to Chevrolet