Check Engine light for 90 Buick Century?

Buick Model Vehicle Information

Postby aramis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:00 pm

I have a 90 Buick Century 4cyl with 62,000 miles. The check engine, cruise control light keep coming on as well as the speedometer stops working and the engine really boggs down. The temp light will flicker and everything resets. The ppl at Autozone told me to replace the ECT sensor and I did, but I still have this problem. Any thoughts?
aramis

Postby demason92 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 pm

What code/s were you reading from your CEL? I don' t think that many of the sales people in Autozone, Pep Boys (except their mechanics) or Oreilly have the expertise to correctly analyze code problems. What ever it is, your complaint seem to indicate an ABS sensor problem.
demason92

Postby melbourne » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

a 90 vehicle is an obd1 system, only looking for opens and shorts in electrical circuits. i would shop around for a shop that can still pull the information from the computer to see where the problem is.
melbourne

Postby maximilian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm

I have a 90 Buick Century 4cyl with 62,000 miles. The check engine, cruise control light keep coming on as well as the speedometer stops working and the engine really boggs down. The temp light will flicker and everything resets. The ppl at Autozone told me to replace the ECT sensor and I did, but I still have this problem. Any thoughts?
maximilian

Return to Buick